Police issue alert of business burglaries in parts of the city
CHICAGO (CBS) – Law enforcement are warning firms of burglaries that transpired Friday morning in the West Rogers Park, Edgewater, Tri-Taylor, and South Loop neighborhoods.
Police claimed in each and every incident, the offenders pressured their way into the business enterprise ahead of having dollars, lottery tickets, athletic clothing, and footwear ahead of fleeing every single area in a dim-colored SUV.
Incident periods and areas:
- 2100 block of West Devon Ave on March 18, 2022, at 1:08 a.m.
- 2700 block of West Touhy Ave on March 18, 2022, at 2:23 a.m.
- 1900 block of West Peterson Ave on March 18, 2022, at 2:34 a.m.
- 1300 block of West Hollywood Ave on March 18, 2022, at 2:39 a.m.
- 2200 block of West Taylor St on March 18, 2022, at 3:00 a.m.
- 2200 block of West Taylor St on March 18, 2022, at 3:15 a.m.
- 2200 block of Michigan Ave on March 18, 2022, at 4:52 a.m.
The offenders are explained as three African American guys, 18-25 many years of age, donning hooded sweatshirts, ski masks.
Law enforcement want to remind enterprises:
- Be mindful of this criminal offense and warn nearby businesses
- Pay particular consideration to any suspicious folks/vehicles loitering in the area
- Have and sustain a doing the job surveillance system
- If movie surveillance is accessible, help save and make a duplicate of the incident for investigating detectives.
- If you are a target, try not to contact everything and contact the police quickly.
- Contact 911 immediately and present a thorough description of any suspicious persons including any motor vehicle description and license plate information.
Anybody with data can speak to Location 3 detectives at 312-744-8263.